The Company. Twisted Throttle® is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets, primarily serving European and Japanese motorcycle riders. As exclusive North American distributor for leading powersports and ADV brands (including SW-Motech, R&G and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle’s house of brands.
The Position. Our purchasing crew's mission is to get the right stuff here, at the right time, at the right cost. In this entry-level position, you'll learn the ropes of reordering, inventory planning, and brand management. You will assist buyers with research, forecasting, tracking, evaluation and purchasing of inventory based on sales needs. The assistant buyer will also be responsible for assisting with data clean-up projects and following best practices for data entry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain all open purchase orders with updated delivery information. Update expected records from vendors, identify and communicate backorders when necessary.
- Work cross functionally with the warehouse communicating inbound shipments and to resolve receiving issues due to inaccurate shipments or incorrect purchase order information.
- Coordinate with vendor, buyer and finance to resolve issues.
- Coordinate with finance on vendor invoicing issues and work collaboratively to resolve with the respective buyer and purchasing manager.
- Manage and maintain internal vendor data for assigned brands; follow item-naming conventions, update discontinued product, maintain stock policies as designated by Buyer/Demand planners, identify and correct inaccurate data, clean and upload new product data to the order management system.
- Assist in maintaining accurate pricing information systemically, updating pricing as necessary and identify potential areas of concern.
- Assist in managing vendor relationships.
- Maintain vendor contact information database, set up new vendors when necessary.
- Coordinate with customer service in regard to parts replacement and warranty issues.
- Assist with various data clean-up projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years in purchasing/buying/planning/supply chain/data management support role preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in a supply chain, sales or business-related field preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Experience in Access or SQL query building strongly preferred.
- Motorsport industry experience preferred.
- Previous data management experiences a plus.
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally and collaboratively in a fast paced, changing environment with a positive attitude.
- Self-starter, extreme attention to detail, strong time management skills, ability to juggle multiple priorities.
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win!
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including multiple health, dental and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, gym membership reimbursement, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident plans, are also available.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Quarterly employee appreciation days include Nerf jousting, trips to breweries, and motorcycle release parties. Our weekly "Meat Wednesday" is a group lunch where all departments get together for fun, recognition and vittles. Our Ducati espresso machine keeps us fueled in the office, and our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.