The Company. Twisted Throttle® is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets, primarily serving European and Japanese motorcycle riders. As exclusive North American distributor for leading powersports and ADV brands (including SW-Motech, R&G and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle’s house of brands.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The PP will work directly with the CIO and primarily interact with the Web/Merchandising team to maintain and develop new features for our Magento e-commerce platform and to ensure its stable interactions with NetSuite and other software platforms as necessary.
- The PP will also meet regularly with key department staff to analyze business requirements and procedures of the department to formulate technical requirements, automation guidelines, and enhancements for increasing productivity.
- Translate complex, technical concepts into easy to understand language to assist non-technically oriented employees better use the tools you’ve built for them.
- Write, update and maintain technical procedures & documentation, user guides and troubleshooting manuals for company software, technical support needs and end users.
- Develop automations, enhancements, and customizations for deployment to the Twisted Throttle retail website, future microsites, and our internal operations platform.
- Contribute to technical solutions and requirements definition; solve complex problems by contributing to analysis and development of technical solutions.
- Deploy code into a variety of staging and production environments.
- Develop a strategy for and execute a transition from a server-based architecture to an all-cloud environment.
- Meet regularly with the CIO to provide status updates, reports on development activity and discuss project/product roadmap planning.
- Provide advanced software support on usage and customizations of our platforms.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience programming and coding, successfully translating business and user needs into logical coding solutions.
- 3 years’ experience building responsive web-based front ends for viewing on multiple browsers, operating systems, and platforms (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari, handheld devices)
- Fluency in developing efficient, data-driven applications, with in-depth knowledge of client-side MVC methodologies and AJAX-based communication with RESTful services.
- Experience with modern frameworks, in particular Laravel
- General understanding of databases, queries, how to build database with a minimum of information redundancy. MySQL/MariaDB or OracleSQL experience will be very helpful though the amount you'll interact directly with the database will be pretty minimal.
- Magento 2.X experience is a bonus
- Excellent team player with good communication skills with both non-technical & technical co-workers.
- Highly motivated and driven by a desire to solve difficult problems, and learn new technology.
- Knowledge and application of software engineering best practices and coding standards.
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and time-management abilities.
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win!
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including multiple health, dental and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, gym membership reimbursement, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident plans, are also available.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Our weekly "Meat Wednesday" is a group lunch where all departments get together for fun, recognition and vittles. And our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.