The Company. Twisted Throttle® is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets, primarily serving European and Japanese motorcycle riders. As exclusive North American distributor for leading powersports and ADV brands (including SW-Motech, R&G and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle’s house of brands.
The Position. Twisted Throttle is seeking a passionate and driven PHP Programmer, who also helps operate as an IT Specialist to support all members of the team by analyzing/troubleshooting network systems, software, websites, and the maintenance of on site technical hardware. This individual will operate in the team by assigned sprint tasks/goals to achieve their mission and support of the company.
The PHP Programmer will become an expert on the subject matter & duties related to the following:
- eCommerce website integration maintenance (Shopify, Woocommerce, Magento, eBay and/or Amazon Seller Central experience preferred)
- Celigo Integrations Platform
- MS Active Directory
- Asset Tracking
- GSuite / Google Apps management
- Onsite and AWS server maintenance
- Netsuite ERP
- Project management through Jira
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction
- Coordinate the needs of in-house IT experts and remote employees, vendors and contractors
- Protect customer data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means
- Assist with the installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on its use
- Offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes within the IT department
- Other systems as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- Must love motorcycles, riding, and the gear that goes with it. We need folks that are passionate experts about their riding and the gear they use.
- 3 years IT experience
- Comfortable working in a command line interface with remote servers
- Detail Oriented
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to independently problem solve
- Magento ecommerce platform experience a plus
- Git experience and CI/CD implementations management is desired
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win! Job requires daily commuting to Exeter, Rhode Island.
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including multiple health, dental and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, gym membership reimbursement, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident plans, are also available.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Quarterly employee appreciation days include Nerf jousting, trips to breweries, and motorcycle release parties. Our weekly "Meat Wednesday" is a group lunch where all departments get together for fun, recognition and vittles. Our Ducati espresso machine keeps us fueled in the office, and our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.