The Company. Twisted Throttle® is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets, primarily serving European and Japanese motorcycle riders. As exclusive North American distributor for leading powersports and ADV brands (including SW-Motech, R&G and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle’s house of brands.
The Position. The Factory Store Supervisor is responsible for driving revenue and profitability of the Factory Retail Store through developing the in-store customer experience, including training staff, choosing inventory assortments, developing displays and signage, and reviewing sales reports. This role is key to reinforcing the brand identity of Twisted Throttle, testing new products and approaches to selling them in a retail
environment, and driving both sales and brand recognition in the New England area. The role combines visual creativity, interaction with customers and staff, analysis of sales data, development of operational processes, and content creation that supports the core business. This is a full time role in our Exeter, Rhode Island location.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop a fun in-store displays, contests, and experiences that help customers get more enjoyment out of their motorcycles and their experiences with our company.
- Develop a target assortment, planograms and coded bin locations for compelling displays in the Factory Store that maximize revenue while maintaining a brand-first focus on core distributed brands.
- Develop specials and events with the Marketing Manager.
- Develop pricing, item tagging, and signage.
- Monitor, report on, and drive improvement in retail store Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”), including sales data and safety stock levels.
- Conduct periodic physical inventory.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers
- Train staff to help customers in selecting properly-fitting helmets, boots and apparel that are appropriate for their use and budget.
- Ensure that all daily opening/closing procedures are followed, including cleanup, restocking, reordering, cash drawer, display setup, and other responsibilities as required.
- Ensure adequate retail store floor coverage at all times.
- Other duties as assigned, including cross-training with Customer Service.
- Extensive motorcycle knowledge, including detailed motorcycle anatomy, and recent participation in motorcycling as an adult; in short, you must be a motorcycle nut.
- Visual merchandising: must be able to design, create and maintain effective parts, apparel and accessories displays in a retail environment.
- Hustle: self-driven ability to drive assignments to completion on time.
- Ability to run and interpret sales and inventory reports and make self-guided changes to stock item assortments and clearance markdowns.
- Clear, direct communication and project management habits with customers, suppliers and co-workers.
- A positive, helpful attitude as well as professional conduct and appearance.
- Ability to be appear natural and authentic on camera and read a teleprompter.
- 3+ years of retail store management experience, including use of dealer management systems (i.e. CDK Lightspeed) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on business, marketing, or visual
- Fluency in Spanish, French, and/or German is helpful but not required.
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win!
The Factory Retail Store is currently operated Tuesday – Saturday, but hours and days of
operation are subject to change. Availability to work weekends is required, as most traffic through the store is Friday and Saturday.
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including multiple health, dental and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, gym membership reimbursement, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident plans, are also available.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Quarterly employee appreciation days include Nerf jousting, trips to breweries, and motorcycle release parties. Our weekly "Meat Wednesday" is a group lunch where all departments get together for fun, recognition and vittles. Our Ducati espresso machine keeps us fueled in the office, and our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.