Customer Service Rep - bilingual Spanish/English - Motorcycle and Automotive Industry
The Company. Vision X USA's e-commerce division, which includes Twisted Throttle and DENALI Electronics, is located in Exeter, Rhode Island. The company designs, develops, and distributes industry-leading lighting, electronics and accessories solutions for the motorcycle, ATV, Side x Side, and automotive markets globally.
Vision X USA is a division of Brown and Watson International (BWI). BWI is an Australian-owned and operated company behind several innovative and market-leading brands operating within the automotive electrical and portable power management spaces. Our stable of established industry names includes NARVA, Projecta, Philips Automotive, OSRAM, Big Red, and Maxi-Lite. Local and international advancement opportunities are available.
The Position. In order to better serve our Spanish-speaking Latin American customers, we are hiring for the role of a bilingual Gear Scout (a.k.a. Customer Service Representative) for our Exeter, Rhode Island location. Excitement, passion, and experience with motorcycles and/or truck accessories are a must! This position focuses on all levels of customer interaction, including phone, email, live chat, and in-person interactions with visitors to our factory store. Internally, a Gear Scout provides feedback to our suppliers to create and improve products, improve the customer experience, and troubleshoot installation challenges. A Gear Scout has the responsibility and the authority to make decisions to take care of the customer, no matter what it takes.
This is the main entry point to our organization, and a great entry to the motorcycle and automotive industry; growth into other departments and management roles is common via our training program. This role is key to our success: you are the face of our brand, and we are dedicated to developing your skills alongside the success of the company.
Full-time and part-time will be considered; full-time is preferred. A valid motorcycle license is preferred; availability for night and weekend hours is required. Come join the Twisted Crew and see what the excitement is about!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Providing expert outfitting advice for the unique needs of each customer via the phone, email, and chat
- Editing and processing customer orders
- Providing estimated time of arrival of backorders and suggesting substitute in-stock items as needed
- Working with the Customer Service Supervisor to improve the customer experience and develop new ways to wow clients
- Talking customers through the installation and use of motorcycle accessories and gear
- Facilitating returns and exchanges
- Assisting in training new recruits
- Assisting with shipping and assemblies on-site when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Must love motorcycles, riding, and the gear that goes with it. We need folks that are passionate experts about their riding and the gear they use.
- Must be a polished written and verbal communicator: this career is writing and communication intensive.
- Must love people! You'll be interacting with customers and your team all day, every day.
- Dedication to proactive personal development, self-improvement, and hustle
- Drive to deliver a great customer experience that exceeds expectations
- Previous experience in retail, customer service, or e-commerce is preferred
- Ability to multitask with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to independently problem solve
- Conversational and written business Spanish fluency is required; familiarity with Latin American dialects, mechanical terminology, and motorcycle terminology is strongly preferred
- Experience writing marketing text in English and Spanish required
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided an opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win!
Department hours are 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, and 10 AM - 5 PM Saturday. Staff members can request and trade specific shifts with each other; some evening and weekend shifts are required of all staff members. The Customer Service department is currently primarily working remotely, however, we may at any time require that any individual Customer Service rep return to a normal in-person office environment.
Benefits and Perks: Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full-time staff, including multiple health, dental, and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability, and Accident plans, are also available.