The Company. Twisted Throttle® is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets, primarily serving European and Japanese motorcycle riders. As a North American distributor for leading Powersports and ADV brands (including DENALI Electronics, SW-Motech, R&G, and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle’s house of brands.
The Position. The Product Content Enhancement & Copywriting Specialist maintains product descriptions, information for products on our online sales platforms. The role is critical to support our web content, SEO, and customer education efforts. Strong writing skills are required and experience in the motorcycle and 4x4 industry is preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Enhance the content on live web product pages
- Convert product data from vendor formats to internal formats using Excel (write enhanced descriptions with SEO in mind - batch work in Excel when possible)
- Communicate with other departments to ensure accurate details of product information
- Write content for product web pages that is SEO friendly
- Content corrections on web pages as requested in the ticket system
- Enhance SEO metadata and SEO text for existing products, categories, and bikes
- Other content writing projects as assigned
- Experience in the motorcycle and 4x4 industry strongly preferred
- Content writing experience and strong writing skills are required as this is a writing heavy position
- Enjoys solving problems, building solutions and manipulating data
- Strong data manipulation skills within Microsoft Excel - Batch work when possible using Excel spreadsheets
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Journalism, English or a related field preferred
- 1-5 years experience with merchandising, copywriting, and/or content writing
- Experience with online sales platforms such as Amazon, eBay, WordPress/WooCommerce and Shopify is preferred, but not required
- Is extremely detail-oriented
- Has excellent time management skills and is comfortable with working to meet deadlines
- Is a reliable, humble, and generally awesome person
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided an opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in a dynamic environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win!
Department hours are generally Monday through Friday during the day, with occasional evening or weekend work as necessary to hit project deadlines.
Remote work-from-home applicants are welcome to apply.
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including multiple health, dental and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, gym membership reimbursement, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident plans, are also available.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.