The Company. Twisted Throttle® is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets. As a North American distributor for leading powersports and ADV brands (including DENALI Electronics, SW-Motech, R&G and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle’s house of brands.
The Position. The Warehouse and Facility Manager (WFM) is the hands-on leader making sure our 15,000sf warehouse stays well organized and operates within our target KPIs. This WFM is responsible for supervising a team of five to seven, including seasonal and temp staff. The WFM recruits, hires, trains, coaches and participates in the work of all warehouse operations. This role is key to our success. This is a full time role at our Exeter, Rhode Island location.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage daily shipping, receiving, returns processing, eBay "open box" sales, cycle counting and product assembly operations.
- Master all warehouse staff duties so that you can contribute to daily work and be able to improve processes, train, and fill in when peak demand or absences make it necessary.
- Submit warranty claim paperwork to product manafacturers for reimbursement.
- Ensure that the work required of the warehouse is completed daily.
- Diagnose needed changes of existing business processes and work with the purchasing, accounting and IT teams to create improvements.
- Carry out training programs for staff to learn company processes, product knowledge, and communication and problem resolution techniques and principles.
- Monitor and improve team KPIs.
- Negotiate costs of inbound and outbound shipping, shipping supplies and other services.
- Order shipping supplies as needed.
- Ensure that items are slotted appropriately based on size and sales velocity within the warehouse.
- Carry out minor facilities maintenance (i.e. fire protection inspection preparation, air handler filter and bulb changes, etc.) and coordinate access for contractors as needed.
- Recent experience (4+ years) of scheduling and supervising an omni-channel warehouse is required; experience in retail ecommerce is preferred.
- Must love motorcycles, riding, and the gear that goes with it. We need folks that are passionate experts about their riding and the gear they use.
- Must be a polished written and verbal communicator.
- Dedication to proactive personal development, self improvement, and hustle.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, including the use of pivot tables and vlookups.
- Experience shipping and negotiating rates with USPS, FedEx, UPS, and LTL truck carriers is required.
- Experience with preparing export shipment customs paperwork for freight is preferred.
- Experience with Netsuite and RF-Smart warehouse management and shipping software is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience supervising teams of 3 to 8 staff members, building training programs and driving culture based on core values.
- Forklift operator certification required. Forklift operator trainer certification preferred.
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win! The warehouse runs six days per week (Monday through Saturday, 8AM - 6PM); periodic evening and/or weekend work is required as needed to hit team KPIs. The workweek for any one team member is normally broken into daily five shifts per week.
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including multiple health, dental and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, gym membership reimbursement, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident plans, are also available.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Quarterly employee appreciation days include Nerf jousting, trips to breweries, and motorcycle release parties. Our weekly "Meat Wednesday" is a group lunch where all departments get together for fun, recognition and vittles. Our Ducati espresso machine keeps us fueled in the office, and our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.