The Company. Twisted Throttle® is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets, primarily serving European and Japanese motorcycle riders. As exclusive North American distributor for leading powersports and ADV brands (including SW-Motech, R&G and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle’s house of brands.
The Position. The Customer Service Supervisor (CSS) is responsible for supervising omni-channel (voice, email, chat, SMS, social) customer service agents and other staff. The CSS recruits, hires, trains, coaches and mentors employees to deliver a world-class customer experience. This role is key to our success; you will be working directly with the representatives who are the face of our organization. This is a full time role at our Exeter, Rhode Island location.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create and spread a culture of enthusiasm, excitement, and happiness among staff and customers for Twisted Throttle through mentoring, supervising, and training the Twisted Crew’s Customer Service Department.
- Analyze coverage needs for phone, email, chat and other forms of customer communication utilizing Erlang or similar models and schedule staff as necessary to meet inbound call center demand.
- Master all Customer Service Representative duties as needed to be able to improve processes, train, and fill in when peak demand or absences make it necessary.
- Ensure that the work required of Customer Service is completed daily.
- Diagnose needed changes of existing business processes and work with the purchasing, accounting and IT teams to create improvements.
- Create and implement scalable training programs for staff to learn company processes, product knowledge, and communication and problem resolution techniques and principles.
- Use customer feedback (surveys, social media, ratings, etc.) to continually improve our customer experience.
- Monitor and improve team KPIs.
- Recent experience (4+ years) of scheduling and supervising an omni-channel call center (voice, email, chat, SMS, social) is required; experience in retail ecommerce is preferred.
- Must love motorcycles, riding, and the gear that goes with it. We need folks that are passionate experts about their riding and the gear they use.
- Must be a polished written and verbal communicator: this career is writing and communication intensive.
- Must love people! You'll be interacting with customers and your team all day, every day.
- Dedication to proactive personal development, self improvement, and hustle.
- Drive to deliver a great customer experience that exceeds expectations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, including the use of pivot tables and vlookups. Experience editing existing queries in SQL preferred.
- Demonstrated experience supervising teams of 8 to 20 staff members, building training programs and driving culture based on core values.
- Foreign languages (Spanish, French, German, Italian) are a plus.
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win! The customer service center runs six days per week with hours extending into the evenings; occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including multiple health, dental and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, gym membership reimbursement, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident plans, are also available.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Quarterly employee appreciation days include Nerf jousting, trips to breweries, and motorcycle release parties. Our weekly "Meat Wednesday" is a group lunch where all departments get together for fun, recognition and vittles. Our Ducati espresso machine keeps us fueled in the office, and our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.