The Company. Twisted Throttle® is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets, primarily serving European and Japanese motorcycle riders. As exclusive North American distributor for leading powersports and ADV brands (including SW-Motech, R&G and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle’s house of brands.
The Position. The PHP Web Developer is responsible for many aspects of the web technologies and properties maintained by Twisted Throttle. The Web Developer must be passionate about building robust B2B and B2C eCommerce solutions, systems and web based applications. This position is an integral part of the development team, reporting to the CIO to develop and maintain world class web applications for our B2C, B2B and internal customers. Primary skills include PHP and Magento development. This is a full time role at our Exeter, Rhode Island location.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work closely with stakeholders and members of the development team to develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Develop Magento customizations and UI changes on the Twisted Throttle retail website, as well as future microsites based on Magento.
- Contribute to technical solutions and requirements definition; solve complex problems by contributing to analysis and development of technical solutions.
- Deploy code into a variety of staging and production environments.
- Meet regularly with the CIO to provide status updates, reports on development activity and discuss project/product roadmap planning.
- Build web based reporting tools and dashboards from orders history, customer interactions, purchasing history and trend data.
- Effectively translate complex, technical concepts into easy to understand language to assist non-technically oriented employees.
- Provide systems administrative assistance when needed for off-site servers, either remotely or by visiting the off-site data centers.
- Write, update and maintain technical procedures & documentation, user guides and troubleshooting manuals for company software, technical support needs and end users.
- Knowledge of Linux, Macintosh and Windows operating systems
- Proactively staying up to date on Internet, browser, Windows, and virtualization technologies
- Experience in customizing and developing in Magento
- Experience working in an Agile Project Management environment
- Strong expertise working within the LAMP stack and an MVC framework
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and time-management abilities
- At least an Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- At least 2 years experience developing complex web based applications and/or dynamic websites
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win!
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including multiple health, dental and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, gym membership reimbursement, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident plans, are also available.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Quarterly employee appreciation days include Nerf jousting, trips to breweries, and motorcycle release parties. Our weekly "Meat Wednesday" is a group lunch where all departments get together for fun, recognition and vittles. Our Ducati espresso machine keeps us fueled in the office, and our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.