The Company. Twisted Throttle Canada, Inc. is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in New Dundee, just minutes from the Kitchener/Cambridge area in Ontario, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets, primarily serving European and Japanese motorcycle riders. As exclusive North American distributor for leading powersports and ADV brands (including SW-Motech, R&G and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle’s house of brands.
The Position. Our warehouse crew's mission is to get orders out on time, keep customers happy, and keep Twisted Throttle organized while efficiently meeting daily productivity metrics. The Shipping and Receiving Specialist handles all aspects of fulfillment work, including picking, packing, shipping, receiving, and inventory control. Full time, part time and seasonal roles are available at our New Dundee, Ontario location.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Pick, package and ship orders according to established procedures and instructions
- Prepare both small package and full pallet shipments
- Attach shipping labels, paperwork and postage as needed to outbound packages
- Monitor reports to maintain accurate, on-time deliveries to customers
- Maintain inventory of shipping and packing supplies
- Report shipping delays to Customer Service
- Work with Warehouse Manager to reduce misdirected or damaged outbound shipments
- Receive, sort and shelve inbound shipments
- Verify contents against packing lists for accuracy
- Examine inbound products for damage
- Relabel inbound inventory as required
- Process returns from customers
- Work with Warehouse Manager to solve receiving issues such as product damage, short-ships, or nonconformance to specifications
- Audit inventory through regular cycle counts
- Examine barcode labels for accuracy
- Manage inventory location usage
- Ensure proper documentation of products transferred to/from the retail store or internal marketing groups
Other duties as assigned
- Hustle, drive, and teamwork-oriented attitude
- General understanding of web browser-based software
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to safely use a pallet jack and lift packages weighing up to 50 pounds
- Accurate, speedy, enthusiastic and friendly
- Ability to work solo or in small teams
- Availability to work outside of regular business hours may be required
- Math and writing skills normally acquired through a high school education
- Forklift certification helpful, but not required
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win!
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including health, dental and vision insurance, contributed RRSP plan, gym membership reimbursement, subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Quarterly employee appreciation days include axe throwing, trips to breweries, and motorcycle release parties. Our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.