The Company. Twisted Throttle® is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets, primarily serving European and Japanese motorcycle riders. As exclusive North American distributor for leading powersports and ADV brands (including SW-Motech, R&G and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle’s house of brands.
The Position: The Senior Buyer researches, evaluates and purchases inventory based on sales needs. Buyers also manage vendor relationships, negotiate vendor terms, and ensure timely delivery of goods. Your mission is to develop and drive best processes to drive inventory level improvement and achieve inventory goals that ensure high levels of customer service and satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage demand planning, sales forecasting and replenishment for assigned vendors in accordance with budgeted turn rates and growth predictions
- Create and submit approved purchase orders to vendors.
- Review order confirmations from vendors and update expected arrival dates.
- Serve as primary contact and manager of assigned vendor relationships.
- Maintain current and accurate cost and pricing in order management system.
- Communicate with accounting regarding invoices and vendor inquiries.
- Work with vendors to obtain or create marketing assets and displays to support web and physical merchandising of product lines for product launches, coordinating their availability for the Marketing and Web Content teams.
- Analyze and review trends to ensure that product listings are current and purchasing cost/MSRP remains competitive.
- Aid in competitively setting pricing for new products.
- Collaborate with vendors and in-house marketing staff to create product management plans for future years.
- Provide feedback to vendors on product problems and needs for future product offerings/features.
- Work with warehouse returns/warranties staff and vendors to address issues including missing or incorrect product received.
- Manage purchasing order life cycle including backorders and pre-season booking orders.
- Manage over/short ships for assigned brands and resolve in a timely manner.
- Ensure product data is kept up to date for assigned brands.
- Exchange and/or rotate inventory with vendors when necessary.
- Ensure proper vendor barcoding and packaging for all inbound products.
- Negotiate and review inbound shipping costs.
- Carry out warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field and/or minimum 6 years of purchasing experience for B2C e-commerce retail, B2B wholesale, and/or manufacturing.
- Previous purchasing responsibility for at least $1M in annual purchases spanning 1,000+ skus preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required. Microsoft Access or SQL query building experience strongly preferred
- Experience with NetSuite applications strongly preferred.
- Motorsports experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of procurement and vendor management procedures.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- High level of polish in both written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Ability to interact and participate in a fast-paced, high-energy, team-driven environment.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to self-organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Extreme attention to detail
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win!
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including multiple health, dental and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, gym membership reimbursement, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident plans, are also available.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Quarterly employee appreciation days include Nerf jousting, trips to breweries, and motorcycle release parties. Our weekly "Meat Wednesday" is a group lunch where all departments get together for fun, recognition and vittles. Our Ducati espresso machine keeps us fueled in the office, and our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.