The Company. Twisted Throttle® is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets, primarily serving European and Japanese motorcycle riders. As exclusive North American distributor for leading powersports and ADV brands (including SW-Motech, R&G and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle’s house of brands.
The Position: The Buyer will research, forecast, track, evaluate and create solid inventory purchasing plans in line with company budget and open to buy. The Buyer will also be responsible for executing approved purchasing plans, manage brands at all points of lifecycle, ensure maximum profitability and maintain accurate and clean data for their assigned brands. Leveraging data and market trends to create and execute buying strategies that effectively drive profitable sales is your objective!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Stay abreast of industry trends and apply knowledge to forecasting and analysis of assigned brands to develop a competitive inventory plan that is customer focused and within company budget and open to buy guidelines.
- Analyze sales reports to anticipate consumer buying patterns to create accurate forecasts that increase sales and maintain inventory levels.
- Become a brand manager of assigned brands and build a strong product assortment that addresses the needs of all Twisted Throttle customers.
- Shop competition to compare products, pricing, and merchandising strategies.
- Manage products and inventory levels from the beginning of lifecycle to the end of lifecycle with minimal inventory risk; product launch and release to phasing out of old or discontinued product.
- Work cross functionally with marketing and merchandising departments to drive sales through identifying new products and suggesting promotions.
- Maintain all open purchase orders with updated delivery information. Update expected records from vendors, identify and communicate backorders when necessary.
- Work cross functionally with the warehouse communicating inbound shipments and resolve receiving issues due to inaccurate shipments or incorrect purchase order information. Coordinate with vendor, purchasing manager and finance to resolve issues.
- Coordinate with finance on vendor invoicing issues and work collaboratively to resolve with the respective buyer and purchasing manager.
- Manage and maintain internal vendor data for assigned brands; follow item naming conventions, update discontinued product, maintain stock policies, identify and correct inaccurate data, clean and upload new product data to the order management system.
- Regularly monitoring and assessing pricing for assigned brands to ensure market competitiveness.
- Maintain accurate pricing information systemically, updating pricing as necessary.
- Begin to manage vendor relationships.
- Procure and maintain vendor contact information database, set up new vendors when necessary.
- Coordinate with customer service in regard to parts replacement and warranty issues.
- Monitor assigned brands for data accuracy and validity. Identify areas of improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years in purchasing/buying/planning role.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a supply chain, sales or business-related field required.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Access/SQL query building skills are required.
- Previous data management required.
- Experience with NetSuite applications strongly preferred.
- Motorsport industry experience preferred.
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally and collaboratively in a fast paced, quick changing environment with positive attitude.
- Self-starter, extreme attention to detail, strong time management skills, ability to juggle multiple priorities.
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win!
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including multiple health, dental and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, gym membership reimbursement, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident plans, are also available.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Quarterly employee appreciation days include Nerf jousting, trips to breweries, and motorcycle release parties. Our weekly "Meat Wednesday" is a group lunch where all departments get together for fun, recognition and vittles. Our Ducati espresso machine keeps us fueled in the office, and our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.