The Company. Twisted Throttle® is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets, primarily serving European and Japanese motorcycle riders. As exclusive North American distributor for leading powersports and ADV brands (including SW-Motech, R&G and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle’s house of brands.
The Position. We are hiring for the role of Inside Salesperson for our Exeter, Rhode Island location. Excitement, passion and experience with motorcycles is a must! Our inside salespeople work with our dealer and export distributor network to drive sales growth and improve our relationships with customers. Inside Salespeople are also responsible for prospecting and setting up new accounts within their assigned territories. Accounts are primarily located within the USA and Canada, with a growing number of export accounts.
Occasional travel is required to visit key accounts; most work is conducted via phone/email/chat/Skype from our headquarters location. Wholesale sales experience and motorcycle riding experience are required; an existing contact network and professional experience within the powersports industry is preferred, but not required.
Come join the Twisted Crew and see what the excitement is about!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Engaging with dealers through phone, email, Skype and chat on a regular cadence.
- Enthusiastically present marketing initiatives and their value to the retail dealer to close sales.
- Increase purchases from existing dealers by leveraging product knowledge and marketing programs to expand brands carried and grow existing brands.
- Train dealers on product knowledge.
- Prospect new dealers and open new accounts.
- Represent Twisted Distributing and our brands at trade shows, special events, and key dealer visits.
- Other duties as required.
- Must love motorcycles, riding, and the gear that goes with it. We need folks that are passionate experts about their riding and the gear they use.
- 2 to 5 years experience in business to business (B2B) sales experience with sales targets. Powersports dealer and/or international sales experience preferred.
- Familiarity with using common Google Apps, Microsoft Office software, and CRMs is required. Ability to use formulas and pivot tables in Excel preferred.
- Must be a polished written and verbal communicator: this career is writing and communication intensive.
- Must love people! You'll be interacting with customers and your team all day, every day.
- Dedication to proactive personal development, self improvement, and hustle
- Fluency in Spanish or French (Quebecois) languages is preferred
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win!
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including multiple health, dental and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, gym membership reimbursement, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident plans, are also available.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Quarterly employee appreciation days include Nerf jousting, trips to breweries, and motorcycle release parties. Our weekly "Meat Wednesday" is a group lunch where all departments get together for fun, recognition and vittles. Our Ducati espresso machine keeps us fueled in the office, and our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.