The Company. Twisted Throttle® is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets, primarily serving European and Japanese motorcycle riders. As exclusive North American distributor for leading powersports and ADV brands (including SW-Motech, R&G and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle’s house of brands.
The Position. The Online Merchandiser and Product Data Setup Specialist maintains product descriptions, specifications, digital assets and categorizations for products on our online sales platforms and back-end accounting databases. The candidate will collect product information from our vendors, clean and format it, and maintain updates within our systems. The role is critical to speedy merchandising of new products across many marketplaces.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manipulate, change, re-format, & scrub product and vehicle data to be loaded to our product databases
- Convert product data from vendor formats to internal formats using Excel
- Research and solve problems with product vendor data
- Use Internet and intranet systems to search and find answers and solutions
- Communicate with other departments to ensure accurate details of product information
- Enjoys solving problems, building solutions and manipulating data
- Strong data manipulation stills within Microsoft Excel using formulas and functions to manipulate large sets of data, including the use of pivot tables and vlookups
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field preferred
- 0-2 years experience in the field
- Experience with Oracle’s Netsuite is preferred, but not required
- Experience with online sales platforms such as Amazon, eBay, WooCommerce and Shopify is preferred, but not required
- Is extremely detail-oriented
- Has excellent time management skills and is comfortable with working to meet deadlines
- Embraces the small start-up company environment, including the many different responsibilities that come with it
- Motorcycle knowledge or experience is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL, HTML and similar Internet technologies preferred but not required
- Is a reliable, humble, and generally awesome person
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided an opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win!
Department hours are generally Monday through Friday during the day, with occassional evening or weekend work as necessary to hit project deadlines.
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including multiple health, dental and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, gym membership reimbursement, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident plans, are also available.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Quarterly employee appreciation days include Nerf jousting, trips to breweries, and motorcycle release parties. Our weekly "Meat Wednesday" is a group lunch where all departments get together for fun, recognition and vittles. Our Ducati espresso machine keeps us fueled in the office, and our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.